Designer Diaper Bags

I overheard a conversation today between two girls who looked to be about 15. I was on the bus and they were behind me. They were chatting about school and how next year they would be able to drive. It was a pretty innocent conversion until one girl said to the other "I am trying to get pregnant so next year I might not be in school". I thought WHAT?!

How can you even think that a 15? Where do you even get that idea? Why are kids these days growing up so fast? When I was 15 that was the farthest thing from my mind. I look back and I think I was naive.

I am not one to point to popular culture for the problems of today's youth. But when Jamie-Lynn Spears and Bristol Palin have babies in their teens and we see them in magazines with designer clothes and designer diaper bags I cant help but wonder what is going on.

What's so wrong with staying innocent as long as you can? What is driving these girls to motherhood so quickly?

3 comments:

Nancy Barnes said...

The problem is they think they are having baby dolls, not real babies!!!! Eejits.

Heather Smith said...

Fifteen? Madness!

franceypants said...

that's so much crazy! We grew up up north(ish) where this was more prevalent i think, cause there are an awful lot of people i went to hs with with adult children now! But in this day and age, my god people.

Post a Comment