Easter Mass

Today I went to church. As I child I went to church every Sunday and once Lent began and the statues were all covered in purple cloths I always found it very depressing. Then on Easter morning when you went to mass everything was uncovered and cheerful. This morning was the same thing for me, the Easter service is very joyful and the hymns are peppy and happy.

I am not an overly religious person but I do like going to mass from time to time. It's a nice place to sit and think or just to listen to the music. I also listen to what's being said and although I don't believe in all the teachings of the church, I try to come away with something positive.

The mass today was for my friend's father who died in October. I know that it meant lot to her that I was there. It was worth going for that reason alone.

3 comments:

Nancy Barnes said...

Mass - ugh. Up and down and up and down and bells ringing and incense burning. All this, and then they ask for money.

CLB said...

Actually at MQP there are no bells and there is also no kneeling but there is sitting and standing.

franceypants said...

I think I used to like going to church with my Nanny mostly cause it was with her, and that the Salvation Army was so full of music, even if I don't really remember any of the religious stuff about it. But I'm happy I have those memories with her, even if I never go to church now a days.

Post a Comment